Would you bring a 3 week old baby to an airport?

MY BIL Is flying in from cali tomoorw.. my fiancee hasnt seen him in over 15 years.. he wants us all to go the airport to meet him as a surprise.. I am fine with him going and fine with my 3 yr old going but i dont want to bring the baby.. just wondering if i am being paranoid or if other moms feel the same way

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• It wouldnt bother me. Just be careful no one decides its ok to touch your baby without your permission!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Personally I think you are being paranoid, but it's ultimately up to you. I would bring my newborn, as long as I am the one taking care of him/her. I would just hold him/her very close to you at all times, not let little one out of your reach unless fiance or someone trusted is holding baby.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would feel the same way as you; I wouldn't take my son anywhere but the doc office when he was that young; i am preg with my second and will keep her in and be even more careful since swine flu is going around so bad. I don't think you are paranoid and you BIL should understand that you prefer not to. Everyone is different when it comes to babies so just do what you feel is best for your baby.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Nope I wouldn't. I have a 2 month old and he still hasn't been out in public yet. Actually today we took him to the government center to get his first vaccination and left when we saw how many people were in the waiting room. With swine flu and the regular flu going around so rampid right now, it's not worth the risk of someone walking by and being ignorant and coughing or sneezing near him and getting him sick. Especially since airports harbor people from all over the world, I wouldn't.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• wear baby in a snugli or a wrap. people really hesitate to get into YOUR personal space to touch a baby.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's fine ! I took my 3 week old baby on a plan in feb. When my preemie had to go shopping with me I used a carseat cover. No one ever came near him.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009