babysitting a child

I watch a 2 year old and he is good all day but time his mom comes its like a light switch turns on and he is SOOO bad we were outside today The 2 year old my 4 year old and another 15 month old that i watch well we have my 4 year olds bike 2 other little bikes "the big red car"(from the wiggles) they were all playing nice till his mom pulled up then he ran over to my child and pinched her would not let go of her pushing her and wanted the bike his mom goes "oh you can have a turn" so i tell my child just let him have a turn so she runs to the scooter (the 15 month old is in the car the whole time he don't even have time to get on the bike and he is running over to the scooter pushing her again telling her to get off the scooter...(so she gets off and goes on the pourch to sit so then the 2 year old runs over to the 15 month old hits her and pushes her and the mom says the same thing oh you just want a turn so i said CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• "___ you don't push you ask if you can have a turn he don't do it so i just pick baby up b/c he is pinching and will not let go.....why would his mother just let him do that and his 7 year old sister said "he does that to me all the time" so i guess they let him get away with it
    Anonymous

• you answered ur own q. they let him get away with it... but teach him your house your rules regardlessif moms around or not.... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yeah you answered your own question. this kind of thing is seen in preschool all the time. kids know their limits with the teachers, but once mom is there they're a total different person. A) they know what they can get away with when it comes to their mom and you, but then when both you and the parents are there they like to test. kids are smart. they know both of you have authority over them,but at the same time, if they do something bad in front of both of you, most of the time neither will say anything because the mom thinks the teacher should say something, while the teacher thinks the mom should say something.

if my kids did something, and mom didn't say anything, (they normally look at both of us before or during whatever they're doing) all i'd have to do is give them "The look" and they'd stop. lol. sometimes the look is all they need for confirmation, kinda like you saying "i'm not afraid of saying anything"
    Anonymous