is it professionel to have nail polish when...

is it professionel 2 have red nailpolish when u are a waitress?or any color?
can u give me advices on how to be a good wiatress im starting thursday and i have no clue how 2 B good at it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• well i really don't pay attention to nails, as long as they're not too long to get in the way of their work. if i happen to see them i may even complement them if they're nice looking. as for perfessional, i have no idea
    Anonymous

• I'd do a short french tip kind of manicure, or just clear DIY polish. I think most food service jobs don't allow nail polish, so keep it really simple.
    Anonymous

• May I recommend my favorite color, "I'm Not Really A Waitress" by OPI? lol! As long as your nails are well maintained, I don't see what difference it would make.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• As a former restaurant manager, a nice french manicure or clear polish are preferable over a color. No chipped polish. It looks tacky and can chip further into/on the food. Keep the length reasonable too. Nails that are "too long" look almost as bad as short chewed on nails.
    Anonymous

• I used to work at a restaurant and they said there that you shouldn't wear dark colors because if it chips in someones food (trust me it happens) that it really grosses people out and makes the company look very bad. Stick with a clear polish or a french tip.
    Anonymous

• as a person that goes to restaurants for dinner all the time, i could care less what color your nails are. just dont spit in my food, lol.
    Anonymous

• I look at nails on waitresses. The big thing is clean nails. I find it disgusting when a waitress has dirty finger nails. Also, stay away from black I think it looks dirty when your serving food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I like it when the nails match the personality - like when you see crazy Halloween designs on nails from a outgoing, sassy waitress. I guess it would depend on the restaurant. If it's high quality, you may consider keeping your nails professional with a simple french manicure, or keep your fingernails trimmed short with red polish.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The restaurant I work for doesn't allow colored polish, only clear or french tips so you definitely need to find out if colors will fly where you are working. As far as being a "good" waitress, just relax and enjoy the customers, make sure you are professional but upbeat, and try to anticipate their needs (refill their drink when they are 1/2 full, if it's a family restaurant bring extra napkins with meals, etc) and make sure you know the menu upside down and backwards because people ask for all kinds of crazy things!

Answer by missanc at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i was a waitree. red is fine, as long as you dont have super long nails that interfere with your job your fine.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2009