can children with ADHD show signs of agression?

jenna29

Asked by jenna29 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• yes ma'am
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• “Bad, rude, thoughtless, aggressive, forgetful” behaviors happen when the demands placed on you wipe out your ability to respond appropriately.

he could be under stress...
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• it is very common for ADHD children to respond aggressively, and having ADHD he needs more help dealing with it than a "normal" child
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah..my husband agreed to have my son tested when he began biting the heads off his GI Joes. He also stabbed the waterbed "just to see if it would leak" the problem is he stabbed it with a fgork about 9 times.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• anyone can shows signs of aggression.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• absolutely, but it isn't the only symptom. I have two cousins with ADHD and they were hyperactive, easily distracted/confused and couldn't keep their hands to themselves, which often turned into physical violence. For them, what stood out that they had a disorder and not just a behavioral problem is that they both approached my aunt at a young age (5 and 9) saying that they're bad children, and can't help it and started to cry. Agression alone could indicate many many things, so its best to get a total evaluation done. Your doctor can get you started on that. good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• we live this. I seriously wonder if it isn't the medications they take to focus in school. three cop cars pulled up to my son's school yesterday as the children evacuated. due to Hippa no one is allowed to say what went on but two teachers and a student were dealing with police
    I used to be much more liberal and intellectual until my son was attacked. a kid just flipped out when a teacher pressurized him and injured three students at random. we are all still trying to overcome this as he still sits in that school. he is unhappy and has low self esteem and is to be pitied but at the same time....
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 10:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• ALL children can show signs of aggression. I would imagine it might be worse in an ADHD child.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My son is on medication for focusing and when he comes down off them at the end of the day woooooooah. Now I did find the appropriate dosage for melatonin at bedtime and have had less first morning battles with him. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid, sleep supplement. Check with doctor on that.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009