I have a 7 week old and I am very nervous about the flu/swine flu season. Is anyone else freaking out about this? Are you getting the vaccines?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• I'm freaked out by it, but I am just keeping my family sanitized and out of crowded places unless necessary. I don't want to get the vaccines at the moment.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yes I am too. I have a 2 month old and I won't take him any place public except the doctor's office. I look at people like they are giant walking germs. My fiance and I got the regular flu shot but we won't be getting in for my son. None of us are getting the H1N1 vaccine. I was told by my friend who is a doctor, that she does not recommend it and isn't getting it for her family either. I know though that you can't give it to babies less than 6 months old.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• im not getting vaccinated. but i stay home most of the time. im not worried.
    Anonymous

• i believe if you freak out about something too much, more than likely whatever it is will happen. i tend to not worry about things too much, if at all. like the swine flu, i'm not the least bit worried about it, and no, neither me or my kids are getting the shot. my dh got the flu shot, but that's only cuz his work makes it mandatory. (and he's been sick from it, he's just starting to get better) we normally stay indoors during winter cuz of the cold, if i go grocery shopping and i happen to see sanitize wipes i'll wipe the buggy, if not then it's no biggy. i DO keep an undershirt on my kids from September thru May though. if they want to keep that up when they're old enough to make decisions, i'll let them decide if they still want to do that. (like, mid teenage years)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Keep exclusively breastfeeding! This is the best way to give your baby immunity from viruses.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2009