Cricket phone?

Does anyone have a Cricket phone? Do you like it? Is it good service? I am thinking about switching but not sure yet....

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 10:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• My boyfriend switched to Cricket a few months ago, we were both on Tracfone which I still love but I do not use the phone other than to make doc appts. or talk to him if there is a problem or if he is off doing side-jobs(which is all he does since he got fired a couple weeks ago) and I have not seen or heard from him the whole day. I am not a phone person, I hate the phone and never call anyone unless I have a specific reason to. He on the other hand talks to his mother and son who does not with us everyday alot and uses alot of minutes. He seems to like it, only 40 a month now although he signed up when it was 45 a month .
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my parents and sisters have it they like it, they have the plan that has everything unlimited. i had it but didnt like the service, were big campers and my husband was in the army and sometimes i wouldnt be able to talk to him so he and i got on the same plan with alltel (now verizon) and i LOVE IT. but my parents and sisters love cricket.
    Anonymous

• I have heard many people (including friends and family members of mine) who have had nothing but trouble with their Cricket phones....However, I have NOT had any problems with mine at all. It does depend where u live tho...I know they are teaming up T-Mobile so they can ping off of their towers too so they can get service in more places, but that seems to be the only real problem I am aware of....getting signal everywhere. I get great signal pretty much anywhere except way South which nobody gets signal there so.... that's my input!
    no-drama-momma

Answer by no-drama-momma at 12:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I Honestly dont like cricket I have a freind that got it and the service was very spotty where we live! Plus they are realy bad about putting alot of interest and charges on your bill even though you dont have a contract! You get a few days behind they charge an extra amount , dont remeber how much but I thought it was a rip off! I realy dont know a good prepaid service! I am with sprint I have unlimited minutes and have the air card for internet and my bill is 149. a month +tax I could not beat that anywhere I went! I guess the cricket would be fine if you where not using it alot or if you have bad credit issues! My grown sons went with them for a while also and they did not like them either! check out all your options before going with them! i hope this helps!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 8:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• They will be better in another year or two when they have move coverage.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I currently have cricket and they keep adding fees to my bill and EVERY DAY this past month I have tried to call customer service to fix my phone NOBODY will pick up. I'm pay for internet and I don't have it and nobody up there seems to be able to fix it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My brother has Cricket, he likes it well enough. I am sure when he gets older he's going to be like "screw this". He's seeing all the cool phones everyone else has lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I had a Cricket about 10 years ago up until just a few years ago... We always had them for cell service. And as far as I am concerned always will. There is no where I can't call and no where I can't go with the phone... Plus... it's really cheap!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009