Has anyone been put on Procardia for early contractions that were possibly caused by a UTI?

I am 27 weeks pregnant. I went to the doctor last Friday with signs of a UTI. They did a urine dip and I did have one. I also informed them that I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions and had several while I was there. I had been having them all week but just thought that since this is my second pregnancy I just knew what they felt like now. Long story short I went to the hospital for monitoring. Left after 3 1/2 hours with medicine for the UTI and Procardia for the contractions. The nurse in the hospital said that she has seen other women have contractions because of the UTI. If this is the case or if this has ever happen to anyone else, were you taken off Procardia or were you on it until then end of your pregnancy. I am going to ask my doctor at my next appointment but I would like to hear from personal experience. The medicine is also making me sleepy so it is going to be a long 13 weeks.

Orangetwistie

Asked by Orangetwistie at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No answers yet