Does anyone know of any LEGITIMATE and FREE work from home gigs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• you could sell avon i thats what i do its only 10 dollars to start and you can make up to 50% of what you sell
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my2.tupperware.com/amyroca you can join Tupperware free by starting your business with a book party and gathering just $400 worth of orders. I LOVE this business. Check it out and let me know what you think:)
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 11:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• ma-avi: I will be sure to check out your site. Thanks!
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• im looking for the same thing. I am a single mother that is going back to the workforce now that my youngest has started kindergarten. My plan was to go back as soon as they started school but no one has called me back . I even applied to be a grocery bagger and didnt get a call back. I would love to be my own boss and set my own hours but do not want to do daycare. I was thinking cleaning, but have noticed since I am in a very small town every one else is doing the same thing because they are out of work.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• speaking from my experience, you really dont want to do something free. you want something with a small investment that is refundable if it doesnt work for you. i have tried just about everything under the sun in my attempts to stay home. i mean that literally. babysitting, in-home daycare, selling crafts, selling avon, online paid surveys, google systems, triple clicks, secret shopper, etc. it has been nuts. i work for a wellness company right now and it is the only thing that i have consistently made a decent amount of money doing. it also isnt a get rich quick thing, but it can definitely help. it only has a 29 dollar start up and that helps cover all your business materials to get started. but its refundable up to 4 months if you try it and dont like it. http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com is the website if you want to check that out.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 10:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I have a great list of in home jobs on my website... They are real companies though so they are not all hiring as they are dealing with the same economy as the rest of us. But, here is a good place to start... www.SabrinasCloset.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I don't think there is anything that you can do from home that is free. I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 7 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2009