What scares you most?

I have a girlfriend who is afraid to get older...I am afraid to get fat. I cant stop time but I can stop fat...lol. What scares you most, getting old or fat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm afraid of getting old only because with it comes health problems usually. That means pain. I hate pain.
    Getting fat is something I can control....getting old is inevitable.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP here. I told my girlfriend that there is no point in worrying about getting old because you can't control getting old so she should worry about something she can control...like getting fat. She is far from fat though so no worries there
    Anonymous

• Neither one! I know my man loves me regardless of how I look or how old I get, he is 14 years my senior anyway.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Good advice. Meanwhile, she can use all the cosmetics and if she can afford it, cosmetic surgery to keep her looks as long as possible!
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Age and fat can be fought. I am a fan of Botox and laser. I am afraid of being jobless and poverty stricken with my kids as a result of my husband dying or some such thing. Pathetic but true.
    Anonymous

• I'm like the OP, I'm more afraid to get fat. I can't stop getting older but I can stop from getting fat. It's hard though..lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP here. Anon:02, that is not a pathetic fear. Other than vanity (which is what I am going for in this post) those are my fears also
    Anonymous

• I welcome getting old! One of my biggest fears is dying while my kids are little. Though all I can do is make sure they always know how much I love them. As for getting fat as long as I'm running after small children that will never happen!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Honestly, I'm not afraid of either, and I don't mean that in a better than thou way, and here's why - when I was young (early 20's) and had 2 small kids, I had some medical stuff that was going on that they told me was basically going to kill me. Thank God, it didn't. So, every year that I get older is one more that I have gotten to spend with my family - and I wouldn't give any one of them up. When I turned 30, people couldn't understand why it didn't freak me out. As I put it, it beats dying in my 20's.

As far as the weight, again, my med. stuff caused me to gain weight over the yrs. I'm not hugely fat by any means, but I'm a lot bigger than I was when I got married. But the thing is, when I was thin, I was really worried about it, and stressed over it. But now (I'm 37), I'm comfortable in my skin, and with who I am. I would like to lose weight, but I would rather be plump and happy than thin and stressed, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I am 43 and with age comes wisdom. I think being afraid to get older or fat is rediculous. I have lived long enough to know that there are more important things to do. Getting older is not something any of us can control, so it is stupid to be afraid of it. Fat, we all have control over and although not good for your health, there are waaaaaay worse things in life than being over weight.
    I would concentrate on controling the things you can and living life to the fullest, not spend it being afraid of silly things.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2009