Where do.......

Layoffs like the 3000 jobs released by Sun Microsystems fit into Obama and Biden's Saved/Created Formula.

Has anyone in Team BO released the scientific data on how they SPECIFICALLY determine their numbers and where layoff like these fit into the EXACT equation?

http://kliv.com/More-layoffs-announced-at-Sun-Microsystems---/5483738

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Glad I don't live in the Silicon Valley.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Pete Sessions(R) congressmen did his weekly newsletter, and brought up this in his last newsletter or the newletter before. Sorry I read both of them today, behind, my child was in the hospital.It was not about this company specifically, but about the cost of these saved jobs. It made for interesting reading.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think the people "in the know" sign one of those "talk and die" privacy things... LOL

I would love to know their formula! The 250,000 saved teaching jobs they were touting peeved me. Our district fired 45 teachers this summer..average class size is now 35-40 kids, with a few classes of almost 45.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• So the idea behind the recovery plan was to prevent all future layoffs? Really? I don't recall them saying that, since in order to achieve that would necessitate government intrusion into private business affairs.

The idea that the Obama administration is supposed to save every American job from impending doom is absurd.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Dell computer announced they will be laying off 700 more people by the end of the year. Sad.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• SRiver, I know it's hard for you and all..... But try and stay on topic and answer the ORIGINAL questions for a change, hon. OK?

Question(1) Where do Layoffs like the 3000 jobs released by Sun Microsystems fit into Obama and Biden's Saved/Created Formula?

Question(2) Has anyone in Team BO released the scientific data on how they SPECIFICALLY determine their numbers and where layoff like these fit into the EXACT equation?

Thanks!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Why would you pay any attention to any SCIENTIFIC data released related to this issue? You and others repeatedly bash any other scientific evidence when it is presented. What you want (and you are getting from your minions) isn't an answer to your question but a cluster f*** bash on Obama.
    Anonymous

• broken hearts go? because only they know... I don't know the rest of the words you're gonna have to google it, do a little work yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

LOL You are so predictable. Don't get angry because you don't understand something, just say "I don't understand".  I already answered your question, its just not the answer you want, its the correct answer :) There is no factoring of layoffs into any recovery package genius, because you cannot predict numbers of layoffs ESPECIALLY ones like Sun Microsystems that involves a failed acquisition deal. Please purchase a clue before attempting to be condescending next time.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• So the idea behind the recovery plan was to prevent all future layoffs? Really?

No, but I do recall the administration saying the "stimulus" package was necessary so that unemployment wouldn't go above 9 percent. Whether that meant so many more jobs would be created or businesses would find enough relief not to lay off employees (since that is what would keep the unemployment rate from rising, genius), no one knows. What we do know is that unemployment rate is 9.5%, which indicates to many, including the jobless people from Sun Microsystems you are chiding, that the bailout isn't working.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2009