hypothetical

scenario: You have 3 kids, ages 1,3, and 5. You're running out the door, you're already late for a doctors appt for one of them. you have to take all 3, dh is at work and you have no babysitter. after taking about 10 minutes to load them all up in the car, you hop in the drivers seat, just for you to have the terrible realization, you forgot your purse in all your haste to get them loaded. ( you are living in the house that you live in NOW). What do you do?

I would run in the house right quick and grab it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• who wouldn't do that? I do that now with only one kid whether I am rushed or not.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• well yeah.... There in no reason to unload all the kids just to run right back in the house. I do it all the time. As long at the car is on and a door is open i dont see one bit of a problem with it.

Now i am assuming that you meant weather or not to take the kids out of the car with you. If not then... well i would still just run in and grap it real quick. :)
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yeah well i was reading a post and alot of moms were saying they would NEVER leave their kids in the car, not even for a second. so i just thought i'd see what the answers would be. yes, i am asking if you'd unload the kids and get your purse or just run in and grab it. sorry, should have been more specific.
    Anonymous

• There has to be a middle ground. I would lock the doors and not leave the car running. Make sure you take the keys with you before you lock it. Then yes, they will be fine.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I used to leave my son in the car when I went inside the gas station to get smokes. Mind you there is a huge glass window, I parked my car RIGHT in front of the gas station and took the keys out. My son is 6 and doesn't like to always go in with me in the mornings. I could see him the whole time and this was in my small village where everyone knows EVERYONE, but I went out of town one evening to visit a friend and stopped at a convenient store (town right next to our village) and these two men started fighting, the one cut the other and then the one who got cut pulled out a gun. My fiancee and I ran to back of store screaming and I called 911. No shots were fired and the cops came fast but there was blood EVERYWHERE(this was not even a month ago). We did not have my son ( I would have brought him in the store if I did) but I am too scared now to leave him in the car in my village because of this.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If the car were in the garage or driveway, I'd lock them in and RUN for the purse. Anywhere else, like a grocery store, friend's etc, I would unload them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think of how scared my boy would be to see this happen and be left in the car...I couldnt be there for him, to protect or calm him down. I still don't think it would be bad to leave him in the car in my small village but I am still too scared
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• this happened to me many times, I let my daughter stay in the car since she was 3, not when she was younger. But I know my daughter, she is very quite and listens to me, so she knows the rules: don't move and don't touch anything. Anyway, never for more than 1 minute.with 3 children...uhm...it depends, if they were like my daughter no problem, if they were like my sister's girl I'd unload her for sure! :)

mammadigiulia

Answer by mammadigiulia at 11:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would lock them in, make sure the car was not running, leave my front door open, and grab my purse.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I dont understand why you would lock them in while the car was not running.... I live in Texas so most of the year it is hot so if i left them in the car locked in and not running they would never the less have heat exaustion. I still cant understand why you would lock them in anyway. I would be afraid of forgetting the keys and not being able to get them out. It just doesnt seem like a very smart idea to me. But to each their own i guess.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2009