Timing Contractions....

At first it was a few times a day, then alotta times a day, and then every couple hours, now I am at like every hour.... Will the contractions possibly keep getting closer together? And, they aren't overly painful, just pressure in my stomach, and groin area, and my stomach gets hard....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds most likely like BH contractions. I was having severe pains in my lower abdomen when I first went to the hospital and was told they were lower-ligament pains and not labor pains. The OB nurse told me contractions are in your lower back not your stomach or abdomen. The pains in your lower abdomen she said were just all the muscles and everything down there getting ready for birth. I had lower back pains as well but not as close together nor nearly as painful as the ones in my abdomen.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• you don't say how many weeks you are pregnant. call your doctor - it's his job or hers to answer questions of great concern - you can always go to the e r and say you're in labor - they'll put you through pretty fast. If you stay in the e r tell them you want an ob on call to exam you. You can even say you want a board certified ob. If you go to e r be sure to call your own doctor and say so.

Hope you're ok.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• contractionmaster.com. great place to time your contractions accurately. could be BH, could not be. my contractions didn't hurt that bad, and yes they were real, and i was a week late.
    Anonymous