switching drs...

im 31 weeks... is it to late to switch doctors? have any of you ladies switched this late?

akalei

Asked by akalei at 10:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i switched at 26 weeks it was the best thing i did for my pregnancy....you just have to find a dr that will take you
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 10:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I hear that it depends. But I also hear that women switch at 39-40 weeks...
    So I suppose, if you're still pregnant then it's not "too" late.
    Are you having any complications, or are you healthy ("low-risk")? That could factor in, too.
    If you're looking for a midwife then you might have a better chance, more open and personal, might be more likely to tailor to your needs.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had to switch because our insurance changed, WORST thing ever if though the new doctor was nice, she wasn't the one who delivered my little one and had I known initially that she wasn't going to be able to deliver I would have found a different doctor as I didn't like any of the other doctors in her office. I say be very careful and ask ALL of the questions you want to know about before you make an appointment.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had to move and found a doctor at 37 weeks to take me. I had previously had 2 uneventful pregnancies, and he got the records from the other doctor. I also had gestational diebetes, but followed the diet religiously. He took me, I delivered. that was that. I told him my philosophy and he agreed with it and we were a good fit, as doctor and patient. I deliver, he is there to assist and that is that.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• if you are having problems with your dr i wouldn't hesitate to switch. :) good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2009