2 week notice......

may i have your help i need to write a 2 week notice to my job i worked as a cashier
like:thanks for having me work for your compagny it was a good experience......
like give me a nice and professionel one

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think it depends on why you're leaving, if it's something that's not personal, like you're moving out of area, or something like that, you can put that in the letter, but if it's because you got a better job, I don't think I would say that.

How about something like - "While I have really enjoyed my time working here, and I greatly appreciate the opportunities this job has given me, unfortunately, I have to give my 2 weeks notice at this time. (If a better job, leave it at that.) Make sure you date it.

If it's because you're moving, or something like that, then say "I have really appreciated the opportunities that working for ___ has given me, but my family and I are moving to ___, (or, I have decided to go back to school full time so I won't be able to fulfill my duties here). I'm sad to say that I have to give you my 2 weeks notice at this time.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• If it's so you can have a baby or something like that, you could say

"I'm very excited to announce that I am going to be having a baby. While this news is very welcome to me and my family, I am sad to say that it interferes with my ability to continue working here. So, it's with mixed feelings that I have to give you my 2 week notice at this time."

Make sure that you date all your letters, and, possibly be prepared that they ask you to stay an extra few days to help train your replacement, or even that they decide they don't want you to stay the full 2 weeks.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i'm not really sure what to say but you can google 2 week notice..they actually do have some examples!!
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 12:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• [Recipient's name] [Company name]

Dear [Recipient's name]:

Please accept this letter as my notice of resignation from [Company name], effective [date, two weeks from date above]. The associations I've made during my employment here will truly be memorable for years to come.

I hope a two-week notice is sufficient for you to find a replacement for me. If I can help to train my replacement or tie up any loose ends, please let me know.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to work here.

Sincerely,

[Sign here]

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Dear [Recipient's name]:

This letter is to formally announce my resignation from [company name], starting today. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

It has been a pleasure to work for [company name]. Please let me know how I can help to make a smooth transition during my remaining time here.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

vbruno

• Dear [Recipient's name]:

Thank you for the opportunity to work at [company name]. I have learned a lot during my time here. I truly appreciate your guidance and friendship during my time employed.

However, the time has come for me to move on. This letter is to formally announce my resignation from [company name]. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

Please let me know what I can do to make my final time here a productive experience.

Regards,

[Your Signature]

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• To be honest, unless you intend to put this place of employment down as a major reference in future jobs you don't have to be very formal. A quickly typed, "Dear XX, I will be resigning effective X/X/XX. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow and learn with your company. Sincerely, XX" If you have a close, personal relationship with the manager, then by all means write out a heartfelt note. Trust me, your two weeks notice letter will not come up when asking for a reference. What DOES matter is that you submit a 2 weeks or more notice of resignation. AND MAKE A COPY!!! Just in case!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• PS You do not have to disclose why you are leaving or go into great details. You can simply add "I have accepted another job opportunity" or "due to personal reasons." If you are leaving because of an issue with the company, you can elaborate. If you are accepting a position with a competitor, you should disclose where you are accepting employment for legal reasons. Some companies have policies specifically regarding an employee accepting a job offer from a competitor and that they must resign immediately.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2009