Not really TTC but I want another baby.

this is slightly embarrassing. My son is 8 weeks old and I am finding myself wanting another baby already. I am not TTC. I don't even have a boyfriend (i'm a single mom). It's really frustrating because I can't control this urge I have! I am actually getting an IUD (mirena) put in soon. So logically I don't want another baby. But emotionally I DO!

pinkcanary

Asked by pinkcanary at 11:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you can control the urge! Enjoy the baby you have!! Be grateful.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• that iud is freakin awesome ive had mine for almost 2 years never had a problem if you think the urge is bad wait until he turn 1 i bawled my eyes out when my baby turned one and i want another one so bad but just focus on giving this one the best and then you can work on a secound one
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have 3 and I get that urge still..It's bc you never want that stage to end!! Trust me..i know..there were times when i would think "why can't they get to be 1 yr old and turn into babies again" but then i realized taht every age is amazing in different ways
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 12:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think after 8 weeks, you're probably still riding that huge wave of hormones that fluxes after you deliver. It took me a couple months to really level out. Since you recognize that your emotions aren't reflecting how you really feel, I would bet you're still working out all that extra hormones. I think you'll get yourself to a place where it will be better to have one and you'll be glad you waited. :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think it is completely normal to feel this way, and I think it is good that you recognize it's not really a practical option at the moment. I was shocked at how strongly I wanted another baby when my twins were infants - I was a sleep-deprived mess, and it just made no sense at all. In time it did lessen. I think the feeling was brought on by hormones changes, and as those began to regulate I didn't feel so nuts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2009