Having horrible headaches, need advice

I have a severe headache right now and I REALLY dont want to take tylenol, yes I know its safe but I still dont like taking it. Is there anything I can do for it besides the tylenol? Any home remedies?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A heat or ice pack on the back of my neck towards the base of my skull helps me a lot.
    Anything that'll just relax you. Lights should be avoided, they tend to make headaches spike for me.
    Brushing my hair or even pulling it in worse case scenarios works awesome for me too, because it boosts blood flow.

Good luck!
    These are all the things I try out when I have a bad headache, I'm pregnant too. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I have been putting a heating pack on my neck, it works a little bit but not much
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The pulling of hair helps me too..and even though you may not want to one of the best proven remedies (even more so than tylenol) is sex!! The blood starts pumping and ur headache goes away..
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 12:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I started playing with my hair and putting my fingers through it and its starting to help, I never heard of that!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It could be that I have 1-2 pops a day and I bought caffeine free this time so it could be that I dont have any caffeine so Im drinking a dr. pepper to make it better
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2009