question?

im due in Jan and im going to be nursing and I need to know the best birth control to use while breastfeeding? I dont want the IUD had it before and wasnt for me what would u suggest? Thanks GOd bless

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hello hinson.
    I didn't realize that you were okay with BC. Some Christians are against BC because many forms of birth control can cause unknown miscarriages or (in other words) they accidentally abort the fetus.

Many woman who are against BC (for religious reasons or otherwise) use Fertility Charting to avoid pregnancy. The best part is you'll be breastfeeding so that decreases your chances of being fertile anyways. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I use Implanon. It is great. It is a little rod they put in your arm. It is also good for 3 years, but you can get it taken out before then if you want to. Also, it is 100% safe for BF mommies. My son is 16 mos and we are still BF strong so this is a great method of BC for us! Good luck Mommy!
    Abbey3

Answer by Abbey3 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I use the mini pill Ortho MicroNor, and I love it. The only thing with a minipill is, that you have to take it at the EXACT same time every single day like clockwork for it to be effective. Missing a pill even by an hour or two greatly reduces the effectiveness. I just set my phone alarm to remind myself to take it. It has not affected my supply one bit. Good luck, and congratulations. I recommend you joing the Breastfeeding Moms group! The ladies in there are EXTREMELY helpful with all questions you have about breastfeeding!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My answer is the exact same as the one above me..right down to the phone alarm..lol..great minds think alike!! i'm on that now and breastfeeding!! I breastfed all 3 of my kids (=
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 1:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2009