The Balloon Boy's father was trying to get onto a reality show because of 2012?!

Kay, sorry if someone has posted this already, I didn't see it in this section. But I heard on my favorite radio station (it's from Charlotte) that the reason Mr. Heene set up the balloon hoax was because he needed money to build an underground bunker for 2012...because according to him, the "sun is going to explode." He wanted to land a reality show gig, get rich and famous, and then take all his money and dig a hole.

It just gets weirder and weirder. Yeah, I know, I'm tired of hearing about it as well. But 2012? I never would've guessed in my entire life that that's why he did what he did. Insane. Did anyone else hear this?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hadn't heard that one but it makes as much sense as everything else they do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• wow... i dont think thats when the world is going to end though. i bet he'll be sorely disappointed!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yeah, I'm not sure where the news guy heard it from, he was reading a transcript from somewhere else and all that good stuff, you know. I was sitting in my car when I heard him say that and I was literally like "WHAT THE FAHHHH?! OH MY GAAAHHHHHHHH!" And then when my husband got back in the car I was like "YOU NEVER NEVER EVER EVER GUESS WHY THAT STUPID HEENE GUY DID WHAT HE DID--2012! SUN EXPLODING! IDIOT! OH MY GAHHHHHH!" And then we laughed about it and moved on.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• lol, wow. i kind of never really got into it, the first time i heard about it, the day it happened, i knew there wasn't a kid in the balloon. i wasn't too surprised he was "in a box", if that's even where he was.

who knows? maybe if he had built it, a plane would crash on his house and they'd live their for years for his son to come out and "explore" just to find nothing happened except life moving on...lmao (only some of you will probly get that)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• hahaha anon 12:59 and I completely agree. But seriously, those poor kids. I hope this is a wake up call for their local child services to try to help the boys. It's no way to grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Like an under ground bunker would keep them alive if the sun explodes lol.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh, yeah. He's a nutcase.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• LOL, I was thinking the same thing Blueliner. It would be like a little Hot Pocket. If the sun explodes there will be nothing that will help you survive. I mean, he may as well building a docking station for the UFO's to port and accept foreigners to go to their planet.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The guy is an idiot but he knows there are lots of people who have bought into the 2012 Myth about the end of the world. But he isn't smart enough to pull it off and everyone knows he is a scammer. He lost his big chance at fame and fortune. Those poor little kids. And, is his wife also a scammer or is she just too dumb to object and tell him he is an idiot? LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009