Kids wanting to sleep in my room

My two oldest children 6 y/o girl and 4 y/o boy frequently want to sleep in my room on the floor next to me or my husband, sometimes asking early in the evening and sometimes they come in during the night and I wake to find them there. I have no clue why my kids do this, they say that they are not scared, don't have bad dreams, but can't give my an answer to why they want to sleep in our room. Does this happen in anyone else's home too? Why do you think your kids do this?
Thanks for your advice!
Amy N.
Mommy of a 6, 4, 2 y/o, and 5 week old
www.Enhancingfamilies.com --Helping Moms earn an income from home without selling

amynic

Asked by amynic at 12:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 3 year old does this but she says there is a wolf in her room!!?? idk what it's about..but it may be her age..i'm not sure!! maybe they don't want to admit they are scared (bc the 6 y o may feel she is too old to be scared) and the 4 year old is a boy..i'm not sure
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 12:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• They just feel safer with you. My boys are almost 4 and almost 5 and they do this too. It just makes them feel better to know that you are near by.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My kids used to wake me up to tell me that they missed me while they were sleeping. I would tell them that I missed them too and walk them back to bed. Maybe this is their way of "missing" you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009