So i have to get tested for colon cancer....

I wrote about a week ago a problem i was having with blood on my stools, i had gone to the ER and they told me to takke ibuprofen, well i saw the dr today and i have to get tested for colon cancer, can you ladies please wish me luck?? im 20 and have a little girl i HOPE its nothing this severe and hopefully something not as bad.

Thank you@!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really honestly wish you the best of luck in everything!! I'm 22 and i have 3 beautiful children..i couldn't imagine what you are going through )=
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 12:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Momnbabygirl,
    Thanks for taking the time to update. :) I wish you the best, prayers coming your way. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I have been worrying about you! The prep for the test sucks, but the test isn't so bad if you are having a colonascopy.
    When is your test?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• its not for about another 10 days :/ so im stressing more now.... and my SO is out of town working so im worrying kinda on my own :(
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• If you would like to talk about the preparations for the test, you can PM me. Colon cancer runs in my family and we have all had the procedure.
    You should know that colon cancer is Very treatable if you do end up with it. But the likelihood is at your age it is something much more minor.
    Good luck and let us know.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i will thank you very much and thank you ladies for your prayers and good lucks!! im sure its nothing as bad as colon cancer, but the idea of having to get makes me nervous....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• If it makes you feel any better I had the same issue when I was 21. Turns out it was hemorrhoids. They were caused by the sometimes severe constipation that comes with my IBS.

katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• yah i wish it was hemorrhoids, but they checked for that and it isnt... my friend i just talked too said she had the same problem a few weeks ago and they said it was from her c section and something going wrong with it... ( i had a c section too 8 months ago...)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Good luck to you. As terrible as it is to go through the test, better to do it EARLY than too late. My mom's colon cancer was detected too late.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009