Makeup Tips

I use the bare mineral stuff, but it drys my skin out really bad and then i get the powder flakes look and i hate that...what can i use to prevent that?

Kimicus

Asked by Kimicus at 1:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• after wash your face, apply your moisterizer then your makeup, that should work.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sounds like your skin care routine is the issue. If you need help with a great skin care, PM me. I would love to help you.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 11:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You should also use a primer before applying your makeup, that way you have a smooth canvas to work with. Also up your moisturizer since it is now the drying time of the year.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 1:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You need a good moisturizer and a primer. Do you live in a cold climate? That might be causing the problem. I suggest AM/PM Solutions moisturizer from Avon and the Magix Face Perfecter Primer from Avon. I use both and love them. You might want to switch to a mousse foundation too. I use the Avon mousse foundation in the winter when my skin needs a little more help. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping too.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• After washing my face, I use a moisturizer, day solution w/sunscreen then my mineral powder foundation. Love it!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• wash face, toner, moisturizer (primer optional) ... I personally dont use mineral makeup, i use mac's stick foundation and concealer.. what works for me always is , after applying concealer and foundation (not too much of it) i use mac's invisible powder to kind of set the both in. then continue with my eyes and whatever else. after i'm done i use mac's finishing spray. *

* if you choose to use a primer a great one i recommend is the HD line in sophora

MAKE UP ARTIST L.Jade
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2009