diaper rash?

my lo has a diaper rash and she is in alot of pain, desitin is not helping......does anyone know any home remidies for diaper rash, i cant go to the store right now :(

BellaBean23

Asked by BellaBean23 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cooking oil is the best!! that's what i always use regardless
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 2:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Never heard the cooking oil, will have to try one day. I'd use triple antibiotic ointment and baby powder to keep the baby dry. However, if it continues, take the baby to the dr, it could be a yeast infection (with ours, if desitin doesn't get it in a couple of days, I know it's yeast), or turn into a staph infection. For a yeast infection, we use clotrimazole 1% cream (dr prescribed it once, then I found out that it's OTC). It's by the foot fungus/powder aisle.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Cornstartch.
    AngelMom520

Answer by AngelMom520 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• ya..my 15 mo old gets yeast ones all the time and the baby oil doesn't get rid of them..that's dr time..i have so much of that stuff (for the yeast infections) laying around..cornstarch is the same concept as cooking oil..it's kinda messy but it works amazingly
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 3:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Butt Paste, here is a link with the information about it. My mom has been using it on my nieces and nephews since it came out and it works wonders.
    http://www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009