how can i get rid of ants without calling an exterminator????

i have ants everywhere. i have no food in the floors to attract ants. please help me???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Asked by christy_2 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pets

• First you have to know what kind of ants and try to find where they are coming from or where the nests are. There doesn't have to be food on the floors - food in the cabinets will suffice. Those little suckers are worse than mice. Go to this website and you should be able to find a "cure". But the Borax works and is all natural!

Answer by Fawn80 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Corn meal works great for the tiny scavenger-like ants. It won't work on carpenter ants though. They take the corn meal back to their communities and share it...but it expands in their stomachs and kills them.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I've read they don't like the smell of mint. So mix some with water and spray it where you're seeing them.

Answer by bluiidmommy at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• ok I had this problem too.... I put this stuff called Genune Buhach. I bought it online. Put it in front of your front dor and back door... it kills the on the spot and keeps them away they stay as far away from the stuff as the can.... trust me it works wonders

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You can try table salt or coffee grounds, someone said to mix yeast with sugar works too. I haven't found what works on my little pests yet, when I do I will let everyone

Answer by L.R.I.Ma at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• boric acid

Answer by dkm136 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

Answer by jojomommy at 2:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• try putting down some corn meal where you find the ant and the trace. They eat it and take home but they can't digest it, they will die out on their own soon.. a week or two.

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• sprinkle cinnanim (Spelling) around the house and especially at the base of your doors on the outside that is. it works

Answer by reeg0121 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Windex works great!

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2008