anyone else struggling with sexual frustation because of partner's lack of interest/ability (particularly from diabetes?)

For us, my hubs has diabetes. He is interested some of the time, but not as much as would be totally satisfying to me. I know it's not all about me, but it's tough cause I have a pretty strong drive. I know he loves me and all, but it's still so frustrating. And sometimes I wonder if he tried harder, would our sex life be better? True, he's 38 and he has (fairly well managed) diabetes, but he's not good at pushing him self to do pretty much anything in life he doesn't want to do. And it seems like a lot of times he does just fine if HE is in the mood. And sometimes he has had more sugar than he knows he needs and then that night he can't perform and that makes me feel annoyed, even though I know it's hard to give up the carbs and I understand that. And now, cause of baby's position, he says he can't and I'm soooo frustrated cause that means no sex for like 2 months and I just wanna cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Hang in there...what other choice do you have!?! My drive is high, my husbands drive is low. It is really difficult to be in a marriage like that but as long as you love him you can work it out. Eventually our bodies will go through changes & our drive will lessen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2009