My 6 month old daughter whines and cries everytime i put her down

my daughter is 6 months and always needs my attention, I cant do anything...she always needs to be held .. but i have so many things to do around the house that I sometimes need to put her down...but everytime I do she whines ,...fusses and cries...how do I train her to be independent ???? a lot of people say ..enjoy your baby's needs before they get older... but bla bla bla.. I love her to death but mommy's gotta eat.. cookk ..and take care of the house too...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well welcome to motherhood! reallyi would wait until shes napping to do the chores around the house. invest in a playpen. she'll be safe in there and you'll have time to eat and such.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Put her in a baby carrier (bjorn, sleepywrap, or a backpack style carrier) and do the work with her. She'll be independent soon enough but right now she just needs her mommy. :)
    ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 3:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• She does this now because she has hit the age where she notices your absennce. This is the perfect agtime to curve that and her your child gain some independance my suggestion would be the crto reassure her you will be back and not to come to her until you are done with what you need to do Or let her cry it out at bed it sounds aweful but believe me in the long run it helps. Before leaving try and her doing something on her own playing with something after a few times they usually catch on. But if you just let her stay attached then she will have a worse problem with it later. GOOD LUCK
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I suggest having close play time. Putting her in the swing and playing peek-a-boo. This way you are close and not holding her, also you can use an exersaucer and put her in and play with her toys. This may get her interested in the other things and after a few tries you may be able to leave her for a minute and get something done for you! Just try interacting with her in very close range without actually holding her, she will learn that you will be there without you having to hold her! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• well, this age its very normal. my sugestion is to get as much done during naps, and when you need to do someting... put her down. She will not die, from whineing. Just make sure that she has something to entertain herself with, even if she decides not to utulize those things, eventaually she will calm down and get used to it. I have four, so while the oldest may have had the opportunity to get held to his hearts content, the others have not. So far non of them seem damaged cuz they cried for 5 min or so while I washed dishes, or tended to the needs of another child.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I know its hard, I have a 5 month old, 3 year old and 5 year old. I put the baby in the high chair while I do things around the kitchen- cook, dishes, whatever. I put her in the exersaucer while I do things in the living room, my older kids help to entertain her. If I need to do something and she is just cranky I put her in the crib, she plays or cries but she is fine once I go back in the room. It is hard to hear her cry but I don't have 6 arms and have other kids I need to tend to too. Trust me this time will pass and you'll miss it a little. But don't worry that she wont be independent if you hold her all the time, she will be it just takes time. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Thats the way babies are. I agree with put the baby in a carrier or a sling. Hire help if you can afford it even if its just the tween neighbor girl to help clean the house.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• well my 3 month old does it when her belly hurts (gas) so put her on her tummy across your lap and use the leg under her tummy to bouce her gently and pat her but she should be able to release the gas then she'll probably go to sleep and you can get some work done. and be sure to mention it to her doctor so tey can check her out and make sure its nothing else
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2009