I need a Crock Pot recipe for chicken, that I could serve along side some mashed potatoes and gravy...does anyone have one???

I am wanting some mashed potatoes and gravy, but am wanting it so go with mashed potatoes and gravy, and I need a recipe. I am wanting to do this is in the crock pot. Thanks!:)

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 7:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can roast a chicken in a crock pot! Take 4 large squares of aluminum foil and wad them into balls, place in bottom of crock pot with half a cup of water. Rub the chicken with a little olive oil and a spice rub, tie the wings and legs down, and place on top of foil. Turn crock pot on low and cook 4 - 8 hours (depending on size of chicken). You can do cornish game hens this way too.

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Here is our absolute favorite! Add no water.

Spicy Roast Chicken: (can be made in oven or crockpot)

* 1 whole chicken
    * 4 tsp. salt
    * 2 tsp. paprika
    * 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
    * 1 tsp. onion powder
    * 1 tsp. thyme
    * 1 tsp. black pepper
    * 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Combine spices and rub all over chicken, being sure to get under the skin wherever possible and the inside cavity. Bake in oven (covered) at 325 for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on size of chicken OR place in crockpot, cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I just add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup with a can of water and a half can of milk and it becomes my gravy when it's all done cooking.
    I also add pepper and parsley
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2009