Is it ok for me to do a baby registry for my second child?

I have heard it is tacky. I do not even know if I am having a baby shower. But I was wondering because there is a lot of stuff we need. I was stupid and donated a lot of my baby stuff and sold some at a yard sale. I still have all the big major things. My DS is 29 months and we did not think we would be having another baby so soon, considering he was born at 26 weeks and I am severely high risk with this pregnancy. We already know is a boy. Thanks for your input.

PaulDaniel

Asked by PaulDaniel at 8:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honestly jmo if it were me i would not xpect a babyshoewer ( seeing one was done already not to long ago ) but good friends/family would proubly help out on somethings.or try and put 25.00 a week aside for things needed. or buy something once a wekk. good luck mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I don't think it's tacky at all. Most people these days don't have room to store all of that stuff. I had baby showers with both of mine... and no one blinked an eyelash. BUT I had a girl and then a boy, so obviously we needed different stuff.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• That's what I keep telling my DH but he is expecting one. Thanks for the advice, I plan on doing layaway at Burlington and KMART.
    PaulDaniel

Answer by PaulDaniel at 9:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Having a 2nd baby shower is tacky unless you have a group of family and friends that want to do it for you. The tacky part is when 2nd time moms ask for a shower.

Registering is a totally different thing. Even if you don't have a shower, some friends and family may ask if there is anything that you need and you can always answer, "yes, I registered for a few things at ___________."

I had a girl the first time and a boy the second. I had no shower the 2nd time, but still registered. When anyone asked what I wanted or needed I told them I had registered.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Gotcha, and let me just state I have not asked for a baby shower, was just wondering about the registry, my friend is due around the same time as me and is having a shower for her third girl and I thought it was weird, she also registered that is what prompted me to ask.
    PaulDaniel

Answer by PaulDaniel at 10:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Go ahead and do the registry. If you don't get a shower or no one asks about it, then it won't get used, big deal. But if someone does ask, you'll be prepared. And it'll give you a list to help you figure out exactly what you need, even if you're the one doing the buying. It's a great convenience tool. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think that a baby shower "celebrates" the baby and I dont understand why each baby should'nt have their own shower. I think a registry is more important with a 2nd, 3rd and so on because it lets people know what you DO need. Good Luck and congrats.
    AngelMom520

Answer by AngelMom520 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am having another baby shower and registered at two places.. But I thought it would be ok to have one cause it will have been 6 years since our last daughter was born..
    Baileysmom22304

Answer by Baileysmom22304 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2009