9 month old has trouble sleeping - burps often - reflux? Indigestion?

My nine month old has suddenly become a restless sleeper. He wakes up often and has lots of burps and maybe a few toots. But mostly burping. When he wakes, he's often up for an hour or more. What is this?

-Kiwi-

Asked by -Kiwi- at 8:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Acid reflux is a definite possibility. I had a little one with it and she had to see a Pediatric Gastroenterologist.  I'd take him to his Pediatrician first and see if they can't give him something for it.  GL

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My 9 month old daughter just started waking up thru the night too, after sleeping thru the night since she was 2 months. Sometimes she is gassy, but I think what is really waking her up is her teething. Are you sure its gas? If so, you can give mylicon drops or gripe water. Neither worked for my daughter, but some people swear by those. Good luck
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It could be from foods the baby is eating. Milk products like cheese, yogurt, ice cream, ect. could be causing the baby to be having problems with lactose. Veggies or any food the baby eats a lot of could be it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2009