Will George Lopez be the next Letterman?

The comedian has signed on to host a new late-night talk show that will air at 11 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays on the cable channel TBS.

The chatting begins in November. TBS has not yet named the show.

"If change can come to the White House, then change can come to late night," said Lopez.

"The main thing I want to do with this show is to attract a diverse audience who will come and have a party every night."

There will be some traditional talk show elements: jokes, guests, comedy acts, live music.

But Lopez says what will make his talk effort stand out is the presentation. The show, to be based in Los Angeles, will have an outdoor street-party atmosphere. Lopez describes the set as "bringing the outdoors indoors."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2008921986_zliv26georgelopez.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• He's certaily alot funnier than letterman and kinder. I used to love letterman, but he just seems to have gotten really disgruntled and bitter the last year. I think they should shitcan his ass.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2009