my son is just getting teeth and he is a biter

Hi I am breastfeeding and my son just got his teeth and now he bites me and smiles. I took everyones advice to get him to stop but its not working! I tried to pull my nipples from his mouth and tell him no biting( saying it so often I start off sentences with no biting if I am not paying attention) I tried to pump and then give him the bottle and he will starve himself. Please give me some advice! I don't want to spank him cause he is still really small he 7 months!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son used to be a biter and still bites me sometimes. I will sit him in the floor for a minute when he bites. Then continue to nurse. Keep doing this every time he bites. He will learn biting = no boobie! : ) Spanking will probably not work on a 7 month old.
    Abbey3

Answer by Abbey3 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Thats stupid to even think of spanking a 7 month old. My 8 month old will bite down now and then. You just place your finger in his mouth to release then. That's it he's done. If they are hungry they won't bite. If he's done he will. This is my 5th child they have all done it. Not a big deal. None of them have turned into biters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2009