Are there any natural cures for pms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Health

• Time. It will go away with time.

Answer by louise2 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Put a warm (I like Hot) water bottle on your lower abdomen...works for me!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• red raspberry leaf. you can get it as a tea or in a capsule. i dont know what i would do without it!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• What works for me is to watch what I eat, try to cut out as much salt and red meat. I don't do cows milk either. Lots of vegies and whole grains. I take a good quality vitamin along with a B-complex...I also take black cohosh and red clover through out the month. Sometimes I use ibuprophen ( the drug that's in motrin and advil) when the cramps get too out of control. I also try and take it easy on myself when I'm getting close to my period, like fixing meals that can have the leftovers turned into other stuff easily. Or make ahead dishes work well too.
    I'm also very lucky to have a husband that will tell me to go to bed when I get migraines. I've had some where I couldn't leave a darkend room for 3 days without vomiting from the pain.
    Contact me directly if you need anything else. And good luck.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Dong kwai (or dung quay or ...) is a chinese herb that helps regulate hormones. A vegan diet (removing all of the hormones fed to animals) will help even more.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I take fish oil every day, and I find it helps with the cramping and breast tenderness. I take a regular multivitamin and that seems to help me with moodiness and temper. Aside from that, I take a hot bath to ease any cramping I do have, and although this may be tmi, I find that orgasm helps with all of it. Just try to relax as much as possible, and I find that telling people that I'm feeling a little under the weather tends to make them a little more considerate which helps me to feel better and deal better.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2009