Why do people not realize that the strain of flu in the flu vaccine is not the strain going around?

So it's pointless to get.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why care what others do? They don't know what strain it is, they take an educated guess what strain will be out and produce a vaccine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• They actually use 3 strains of flu to make the flu vaccine based on which strains are predicted to happen each flu season. It's an educated guess. It's not pointless to get because if one of those strains that they use is the one going around, then you are a lot more protected than if you didn't have any vaccine at all.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• That's why I never get a flu shot. They just guess which one will be going around, and they frequently guess wrong. How could they know though? There are so many to choose from and they're not psychic. I just take my chances, and usually do not get the flu anyway.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I don't get that, either. I never get a flu shot. You're just injecting nasty toxins into your body, including mercury, which is still in most flu shots. We prefer to eat a healthy diet and take our vitamins, especially vitamin D, vitamin C and probiotics.
    ZoeyBethsMomma

Answer by ZoeyBethsMomma at 10:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• How do you know?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• So, you have a medical degree do you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I wasn't trying to be rude sorry if I came accross that way. What I mean is if there is no way of knowing that they have the correct flu strain in the shot, there is no way of knowing that they don't.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009