My husband washed a shirt with diesel on it in my washing machine, what do I do now?

So it made all the other clothes that he washed it wish smell like diesel, and when I told him he couldn't dry it because it would be dangerous, he air dried these clothes by putting them on top of the pillows he took out of the dryer when he intended to dry the clothes. Because, ya know, he couldn't put the pillows on the bed or anything like that. The bed was only 2 foot away from the washer and dryer. So now my pillows smell like diesel. So how do I get this smell off of everything, and how can I get this smell out of my washer so I can wash my baby's clothes without them getting diesel smell on them?

zweedledee

Asked by zweedledee at 9:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would probably just keep washing everything in the washing machine over again with a lot of soap and fabric softener until it didn't smell anymore.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Kill hubby,buy new washer with insurance money lol. JK, I would run a few bleach loads through it with no clothes of course until the smell is gone...and threaten him with pain if he touches your washer again. MEN!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2009