Trying to Decide

This is my first baby and I've been debating lately if I should give Natural Labor with an Epidural, or have a C-Section. I've heard even with an Epidural you will expirience pain like knifes cutting your insides, and I've also heard your belly will go back to flat in no time. But a C-Section seems painless and simple, but I've heard it takes longer to recover and when you walk it feels like your skin is burning and it takes longer to loose the baby weight. What do you guys think is the best option?

baby_ty

Asked by baby_ty at 10:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had two C-sections. They aren't painless and simple. Vaginal birth is best. Sometimes breech babies don't give you a choice.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• So I guess there's always pain no matter what lol.
    baby_ty

Answer by baby_ty at 10:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Go for natural or the epi! I haven't felt anything painful with either of my epis and its so much better for your body. A csection is MAJOR surgery--- you will have big time recovery pain and the scar to match. Csections should be last resort, not option A.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You dont get to chose what you get if your having health problem like you need to give birth early or something like that the doctor will tell you that u are getting a c section you dont get to pick if everything is normal you will have it normal epidural is a good idea i would suggest going to the doctor as soon as the labor pains start they wont give you one until your about 4 inches but if you are contracting hard and you cant sit up still they wont give you one
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would NEVER choose a c-section. Vaginal birth is much easier to recover from. I would only have a c-section if medically necessary. I had all 3 of my boys vaginally and plan on having this baby im preg. with now vaginally too. My first labor was the most painful, but after the epidural, i felt only pressure nothing else. Good luck in your decision and congrats!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I also support the fact that VAGINAL DELIVERY is the best choice...unlesss is necessary the c-section.

I had a vaginal delivery with an epidural and i didn't feel anything just a lot of pressure from the genital area when the baby were coming out, but think about the time before women deliver without epidural and they did it, so why you can you do it with an epidural, there is not a delivery without any pain at all. (at least yet)
    cadmedina

Answer by cadmedina at 10:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Thanks guys for your supporting answers. I have decided to go for Vaginal Delivery.
    baby_ty

Answer by baby_ty at 10:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I had a c-section and it wasn't painful and the scar is barely noticable.
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The more natural, the safer & healthier for mom and baby. Because your baby is your priority, working toward a normal, natural birth would be my suggestion. If you have these options then you're likely having a normal, healthy pregnancy, why add unnecessary risks?
    If you need information and support to do it, there is a lot of help available.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You don't get c-section as an option unless you are breach or at risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2009