• In the Spotlight:

Where do you find information on classes to convert to Catholic?

Is there a certain age? If the person is under 18 do they need parents permission? What if the parent isn't Catholic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You need to get in contact with a catholic church and ask them if they offer classes. I have always been catholic. Just not always practicing. Before I got married in the church I completed an RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) program to receive Communion and Confirmation before I got married.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• There are classes for adults (RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) and classes for children (RCIC - Rite of Christian Initiation for Children). You can contact the local parish or the diocese or check out their website for information. For children, a parent's permission is required and a child can convert even if the parent is not Catholic. For both children and adults they can pick (or receive if they don't know anyone) a Catholic sponsor that will help them.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2009