Halloween-Halloween-this is halloween!

Christians(anybody but I want to know what Christians think) Will you let you kids go trick or treating? Do you have certain costumes you no to? When you hear all this talk about the devil's holiday what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my husband are christians but we will not let our children dress in anything evil nor decorate our house in anything evil.. each holiday is the same with things like that.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 10:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I dont like to celebrate ... my husband thinks its no big deal... I pick my battles at this point.. fortunately the kids are about out of the trick or treat stage and have decided to do the scaring thing at a friends house this yr.. I will not allow that here period. I give candy to the trick or treaters but other than that no scary stuff
    I personally wont be here but at my church worshipping with a youth lead service! Im looking forward to that than the Halloween thing.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am Christians & I know right from wrong as well as teach my kids. It's a fun holiday that we enjoy nothing more nothing less. Some people can make mountains from mole hills.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am not christian by religious stand point but do believe in christ and god. I believe the hype on Halloween is ridiculous no matter what it might have been in the past it is a day of fun for the kids. They enjoy dressing up and trick or treating, so why take it away. As for what they dress as. If you are raising your kids right then you should be able to trust them to make good choices it's Freedom. If you suppress their individuality they are more likely to rebel later, besides it a costume to them it is fun and nothing more. The costume they chose doesn't give insight to good or evil or what they will be. Ted Bundy as a child dress as angel and monkeys. He is evil so if you want to go by a good evil stand point you should cross hose of to.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• God never told us not to celebrate halloween. I don't personally feel that halloween will make me fall away from God but there are those that do and shouldn't celebrate. I only have one very small child and when he's old i will sensor what he gets to be,not necessarily for religious reason but because i'm a person that can't even handle mild scary movie and having characters from those kinds of things running around my house really doesn't work for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Eh, it's a fun day. If this one day threatens a persons faith so much, the problem lies with their faith..not the day.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am Pagan,
    but yes we go trick or treating and YES i do put restrictions on what costumes i think are acceptable.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Halloween is my favorite day of the year, we decorate to the hilt and my 5 year old daughter can be whatever she chooses to be. It's fun and no one gets hurt celebrating it.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It's a night of fum and pretending! Our boys just want to be something else for one evening, I just don't understand why people stress so much over it. Like some have said, if we limit our children they will just rebel more. My 6 yr old hasn't dressed up yet, this will be his first yr, by his choice. I have always told our boys, it's up to them if they want to play pretend on Halloween. We go to well lit, nice neighborhoods, most of the people we know, and they have a blast! Why take the fun out of everything!?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• What devil's holiday? Halloween has nothing to do with Satan. Yes we go trick or treating, no I really don't say no to any costume unless they suddenly have some strong desire to dress like a prostitute, and I have no idea what the devil's holiday is.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2009