Has anyone noticed the subliminal messages this week?

So Obama is taking over the airwaves this week. I only watch channel 11 and cable stations so I haven't seen alot. Some shows were supposed to incorperate it into the show (subliminal) and some actors are doing the website advertising between shows to get people to go there.
Monday I did see at the end of CSI Miami where the cop guy went to the beach and as he grabbed his board he picked up some coke cans and put them in a recycle bin. They showed a 4 way split screen with characters doing volunteer things. I saw the tail end of the mentalist guy giving out the website and last night I saw something that I told my dh about but now I can't remember(you can see how well this idea is working lol) My dh said he saw them talking about the peace corps before "The good wife"
Anyone else notice? Now that I see what they are doing I'm not bothered. Most people skip commercials anyway. The rest is hardly noticable. lol

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What do you expect from these freaks.

Today it's about "public service", tomorrow about policy, etc.,
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• No but it's typical almost everything has some thing subliminal.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Since we already recycle and volunteer, I guess I hadn't really noticed. From my experience, people who toss trash on the ground do it because they WANT to, not because they don't know any better.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• From my experience, people who toss trash on the ground do it because they WANT to, not because they don't know any better.

I agree laziness or just noncaring altogether...someone who cares would carry their garbage along with until they came across somewhere to properly dispose of..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• oh and I do not have sattelite and cannot get cable here so I don't watch tv ..but I agree that I do not see these little tid bit messeges doing much if anything..most people who want to do these things already have been..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Keep an eye open for the flu vax ones too. We don't watch much TV especially the drive-by media channels.
    Anonymous

• Monday I did see at the end of CSI Miami where the cop guy went to the beach and as he grabbed his board he picked up some coke cans and put them in a recycle bin. They showed a 4 way split screen with characters doing volunteer things.

This is a BAD thing? Volunteering and recycling??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• No one said it was a bad thing Sweet. Just subliminal.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It isn't subliminal. Good golly.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

That isn't subliminal.....If it were, you wouldn't realize you were being sold something

Is Glenn Beck going to be crying about this anytime soon? I do love a buffoon cry every now and again

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2009