why don't people know how to spell CHEYENNE?

How hard is it to spell CHEYENNE? My daughter is 7 and my her dumbass grandma still can not spell it. Did she not finish elementary school. It is spell like the capital of WY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• People never spell my son's name right either, His name is Cadence. It always gets spelled Cadance, Kaydance, Caidence....etc.
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you want the grandma to spell it properly have your daughter make her a card and write her name really big on it, maybe she will get the point.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• People think it is cute to spell names different ways. My mother named me Gai. My middle initial initial is L. I changed my name to Gail.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Cause it sounds like Shyanne...Maybe? I have a friend whose dd name is Cheyenne, therefore, I know how to spell it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• That is one of those trick words, though the grandma should know how by now. My family still spells my dd name sky when it is skye
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my family still spells my daughters name wrong and my mom still messes up my last name and i have been married for 6 yrs.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You'll be okay. I promise. My dad still jacks up my name and he's the one who named me. Seriously though, with the way names are spelled these days, I have to ask how a name is spelled when I even have an inkling it may be spelled different. Obviously the spelling is correct, but don't be surprised how many people mess up the way it is spelled.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Honestly, I wouldn't fight it.....I've been married for 20years and still, after all of these years, none of my husband's family can spell my name correctly, nor can most of my own family, except for the immediate family. I've gotten personalized gifts that I've put in the GoodWill donation bins because my name was spelled wrong and then the family thinks me arrogant because I don't use their gifts; it's totally beside the point that their "personal" gift had somebody else's name on it. I used to get upset about it, and still do steam a bit when I think about it, but honestly, I just don't care anymore. I figure, it's the thought that counts, so I just smile & say thank-you and move on to the next thing in my life.

And here's the real kicker....Like your daughter, my name doesn't have an odd spelling. In fact, my name only has 5 letters in it, so really, how hard is it to spell it correctly? Apparently VERY hard....rofl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My daughters name is jocelyn and know one knows how to spell it either and whats worse is people in our family can't even say it right...its pronounced joSlin some say joZlin and others think its joSHlin it kills me and to top it off her nick name is joSS youd think that would get the point across
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I still have family members that spell me name wrong - after 40 yrs!! My father's mother (barely even remember her) even spelled everything wrong on my baby stuff, probably because my mom spelled it the way my mom wanted it, not grandma's way. She'll learn to ignore it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I know how to spell Cheyenne. However, I have a friend that named her daughter Shyanne, and then I have seen Shiyenne or Chayanne. It is just one of those things I suppose. My in laws still spell my name with a Y instead of an IE at the end. I have been with my husband for 7 years. However, my inlaws can't remember how old their children are, how to spell my kids' names and how to spell their son's middle name.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2009