My child's teach told her to do her work or she was going to slap her.

My 8yr DD is in special ED she also has hearing problems yesterday her special ed teacher told her if she didn't do her work and stop asking question she was going to slap her, when I heard this I went to the school and got in the teachers face she said she did not say this, well a friend of mine works in the class next to hers and she called and told me what was going on. So my friend also called her on it, I am going to the school board over this I also am having her pulled out of that class.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you talked to any of the other moms to see if something like this has hapend before?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• get her ass fired or woop her ass that is bullshit or go to her and tell her u r going to slap her see how she likes it...but really do it
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• In most states teachers can hit students and parents can't do anything about it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'm so sorry I was hit by one of my teachers I was hit by a teacher as a child so my mom hit her. If it ever happens to my child I think I would do the same I commend you for keeping your cool and not losing it. that has to take a lot of strength. Again I am so so sorry.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh, hell-to-the-NO! That teacher should not be around children, especially children w/ special needs.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• im sorry but a teacher can not hit a child that is a special needs child with no permission i dont care what state it is. maybe back in the old days but not now
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am in amazement, yes Mom take this as far as you need to!! Just to be clear, your friend heard the teacher say this right? She is going to have to get involved as well! Thank you for standing up for your child!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• wow thats crazy i would deff go tot he school board and make a huge deal outta that .thats uncalled for .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Oh no she didn't!!! Way to stick up for your daughter!! Get that woman FIRED and do not stop until that happens. Do the other parents with kids in that class know about this?? Outrageous!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Gaillll: You are WRONG. Those states that still allow corporal punishment in schools, have to get written permission from the parents to spank a child. They CANNOT just spank a child.

OP: First, you need to make sure with 100% certainty what the teacher really said, kids tend to be dramatic. Talk to other parents in the class and see if any of them have had issues, talk with parents of previous students. You did right by going to the principal first. Follow the steps in place to file a complaint. That means going to the superintendent and then the school board. It wouldn't hurt to contact an attorney and see what you can do. I do suggest NOT getting emotional (yes, I know that is difficult but it will make things much smoother and with a better outcome), don't make it look like a witch hunt either. This teacher does need to be reprimanded but go with it the proper way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009