I really can't help you with your abortion regret.

I am really against abortion. I have participated in many campaigns that include raising awareness and money for moms. The area I can't seem to grasp is helping those who have had an abortion. I can't help but think, they should feel guilty for killing a child.

Now, obviously this isn't going to help a mom in pain and I would never say that. On the same token, I think it would be best for her to talk to someone else with a more compassionate ear.

What would be the polite way to direct someone to a person who would be a lot more helpful?

I am ok with the fact this is not my area. As one person told me, it is best to accept we are not the best person to do the job instead of try and really blow it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would imagine most women feel guitly for terminating a pregnancy, I guess to answer your question, if someone is asking you how to deal with the pain of the choice they made, it already sounds like they have regret. As a Christian I believe if forgiveness and although someone may choose something you or I wouldn't, I guess they still deserve our love and advice!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Well, I suppose you could be honest and say 'Even though my religion says not to judge you, I have decided to condemn you anyway and feel your guilt is deserved...so, maybe you should find somebody else to talk to...now leave me alone you sinning murderer!'...after all, don't you also have a rule about honesty in your religion somewhere?
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• 'Even though my religion says not to judge you, I have decided to condemn you anyway and feel your guilt is deserved...so, maybe you should find somebody else to talk to...now leave me alone you sinning murderer!'...after all, don't you also have a rule about honesty in your religion somewhere?
    __

because that would make them feel less guilty and help them? LOL OK I will try that next time and I will tell them YOU gave me the idea to use those words.

Wow I want to make sure they get the help and not feel more guilty. I am ready to step aside and guide them to someone who can help and I get bashed for it? LOL wow wow wow

oh mzjudgemental i mean kaye, could you please tell me my religion? Since you know if it says to judge or not to judge?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Anonymous People are going to do what was best at the time and it’s their burden to bear not yours. You need to worry about your own problems instead of other people. It’s their problem to worry about.
    __

I really do agree with you, but I have had people talk to me. I do a lot of listening and very little talking as my words will not help them. I would like to direct them to a person better suited to help them. If they are looking for help, should I say I can't worry about your problems?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• guilt is never from God... there is NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
    I think the issue isnt them but you. Jesus already died on the cross for what they did. He already forgave them. All they need to do is to accept that forgiveness when they ask for it and allow the Lord to come in and wash away it all within. Yes there will be consequences but with God you do make it through.
    I would NEVER wish guilt upon ANYONE! That is against God's word period. We are to love the broken hearted to life and to encourage them to move on in their destiny and calling. They will always remember but when forgiven, God already forgot it and are loving them and wooing them back to His heart where they can find rest for their souls under the shadow of His wings. It is FINISHED He said. The thing YOU can do is pray for their freedom . I encourage you to ask God to change your heart attitude as well .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• DID ANYONE READ THE QUESTION? I JUST WANT TO KNOW THE POLITE WAY TO SEND A PEROSN IN NEED OF HELP TO A PERSON THAT CAN HELP THEM.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• to answer your question .. the best thing to say is ... I have not been in your shoes, I do not have an understanding of your pain but I can help you find someone who has and has been through the counseling and healing process . You can be polite and loving about it . :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I encourage you to ask God to change your heart attitude as well .
    __
    the attitude of trying to help someone I know I can't help? Yes I will do that. I will ask God to change my heart to help those I know will be more hurt by my help. I will also ask God to change your attitude to those who understand their limits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would just tell them that while you will offer an ear, you cannot offer advise or support because you just don't believe how they do. Then offer them a number of a grief counsilour or another friend that could help them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Simply suggest that they go and talk to a counselor or a social worker. Maybe find a few yourself and get thier business cards and hand one to them. Tell them that tho you may feel for them, that it is an area you have a hard time talking about.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2009