chick cards

these were mentioned yesterday and I can't find the post. The mentioned a perosn's first name. Will someone explain to me who this guy is and what these cards are about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Uggh....chick tracts! They're cartoons written by a man named Jack Chick. They are so full of BS and misrepresntations and just plain lies that it's frustrating. What is really disappointing is that some people still sell them and pass them out and actually think they're true.

Here's some information about them from the Catholic perspective: Chick Tracts: Their Origin and Refutation

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• They are called Chick Tracts and they are cartoons drawn and written by Jack Chick who is very anti-Catholic (as well as being against Islam, JW, etc). The guy is a scary weird zealot. Just google Jack Chick or Chick Tracts.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think you mean chick tracts. I find them to be humorous, though very inaccurate about some things.
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 11:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• They're the modern Christian version of Nazi propaganda.
    Anonymous

• http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1054/1054_01.asp
    Anonymous

• "They're the modern Christian version of Nazi propaganda."

This is a very good comparison... I wholeheartedly agree.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• ah, sad thing is people buy these!!!! The church next to our Subway where I worked before having DD used to get them. THe pastor and his wife were regular customers, they came a couple times a week and were nice and I was nice to them. We even gave them discounts since they were 'neighbors"
    Then they started leaving these!!!! I was still nice to them, I had to be, didn't want to lose their money and the money of their church goers, but it pissed me off!!!! Made me wonder is we were ever used as "examples" in their sermons. What lies they spread about us?
    I don't go to their church and spread lies and half truths twisted for my own benefit, why are you going to leave this trash on the counter by me, on tables, on the trashcans!!!!
    I ended up writing a list of the lies and sources, stapled it to the "pamphlet" and left it at their door!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

Not specific enough~ modern Christian Protestant Baptist Evangelical biblical literalism and error-less.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2009