4 years old trouble sleeping ay advice??

My 4 yearold is taking Malitonin to help her sleep but she still wakes up at night.I crush the pill up and put in her food(with drs ok)and give it to her at 7:30 by 8:30 shes aleep but she wakes up around midnight and its hard for her to go back to sleep she crys to sleep with me I dont know what else to do. I need help any advice is appreciated.

Redneckmomma19

Asked by Redneckmomma19 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Reported melatonin side effects include headaches, nausea, depression, nightmares and vivid dreams, irritability, abdominal cramps and dizziness and day time sleepiness. I think maybe your 4yr old could be having one of these effects like nightmares. This however should be talked to with your doctor. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Make her bedroom cool, dark, quiet and comfortable. Create a room that's ideal for sleeping. Adjust the lighting, temperature, humidity and noise level to your child's preferences. Use blackout curtains, eye covers,extra blankets, a fan or white-noise generator, a humidifier or other devices to create an environment that suits her needs. Maybe that will help her sleep better. just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• well she did have a headache last night but nightmares are nothing new and shes had the abdominal pain fo awhile doctor says acid reflux but its in her lower stomach not upper the prevacid is not doing any good (duh)shes not constipated so i dont know what it is I'm starting to think she may have a problem with her intestines her doctor said that they are going to do an xray of her stomach if it doesnt get any better and its not so i'm gonna call the dr and shewhen they ca get it done because she hardly eats or she forces herself to eat becaus she hungry that makes it hurt worse
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2009