Cerclage.....

Ok, I had a cerclage at 18 1/2 weeks. My cervix was completely thinned out and starting to dilate. I am now 21 weeks even. I was on strict bed rest before the surgery and for a week after the surgery. Last Friday my high risk doctor cleared me from strict bed rest, said I can be me now, just take it easy, not standing on my feel for a long period, etc. My mom is constantly on my case, telling me I should still be in bed, not cleaning, cooking, etc. She does not understand, I was working up until 16 weeks, and am a SAHM just through this pregnancy and my DH works nights. I have a 29 month old who is in school during the day. Am I wrong to be cleaning, cooking and taking care of my family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can not believe that you have a doctor that OK'd you to go off of bedrest at only 21 weeks when you 100% effaced! That is the craziest thing that I have EVER heard when it comes to pregnancy. If I were you, I would lay right back down and NOT get up
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I know, I was a bit shocked to, my whole family was. When I go to my OB on Friday I am going to get her opinion. Thanks.
    PaulDaniel

Answer by PaulDaniel at 1:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009