Help! Need Information about areas around Washington, DC!

I am moving near the D.C. area this summer. My fiance is transfering, but can pick from D.C., Maryland and Virginia facilities. I would love to receive any information regarding the safety of the area, schools, family activities and diversity of people in these area! We prefer to live in away from the busy city life (but not in the middle of nowhere). Right now, we are leaning toward Fairfax, VA. I truly appreciate any information!! Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• montgomery county maryland has the best school system in the whole country ..... but it is expensive so if price is an issue va is your better bet. if you live in md it's a close commute to all of the activities in dc too.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Fairfax County has what is supposed to be the best schools in the NoVa area. It is also very expensive, however. I have lived in DC and in the metro area for 6 years now and really like it alot. There is so much to see and do. Fortunately, diversity is aplenty in all of the DC metro area. If you stick with Fairfax, Centreville, Chantilly, you will be fine. Prices are a little more reasonable in Woodbridge, VA which is south on I 95. Just be prepared for traffic, traffic, traffic. Good luck!
    DCMom73

Answer by DCMom73 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009