Why does it bring out the worst in people?

Why does me or anyone else that defend the rights of homosexuals bring out the worst in some people? How does giving them their civil rights affect you personally?

Asked by older at 11:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No you did not but you expect me to go all into trying to prove that which cannot be seen..its a matter of faith of course and my point in bringing up no real proof of homosexuals being born that way was because of your throwing it out that I cannot prove to you that the bible is God inspired..so

Ah, I see. Here's the problem. The "nature" theory isn't used to afford homosexuals special rights or anything at all, it just one theory to explain homosexuality versus heterosexuality. The bible is used to deny homosexuals the rights you and I have because "God says homosexuality is wrong" well if that is the basis of your argument you've got to prove it :) The basis of my argument for affording homosexuals the same rights you and I have is that its unconstitutional NOT to.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I don't have a problem with gay people loving each other. It's the sex thing that bugs me. Sex was made for making babies, not just for fun. It must come from being raised religious all my life. I never talk about it though.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sara, you kind of contradict yourself there, isn't sex part of loving a person?

Answer by older at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I really do not care that you defend it's your choice..just as it is mine to believe that it is a perversion and that Gods word says so..

However..what does burn my arse is the fact that some parade around and shove it down others throats..the fact that some badly want to shove it down our childrens throats within the public school system...and eventually with this hate crimes bill and all it will come to preachers/preists being chastised for refussing to marry them..or speaking about THAT part of the bible in truth..because they will labled hate mongers or whatever and likely end up charged with some mess...there will be private businesses chastised for refussal to hire any if they choose not to..a quota will be mandated on the giring of gays..that must be met...we already know where its all headed...and ya know I know gays who arent behind that stuff..they think its overboard and ridiculous...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• In my opinion, no. Sex and love are two different things-for the most part. Sex is foremost a physical reaction. Most anyone can do it. It doesn't take any skill to have sex or make a baby. There are more ways to show someone you love them than by having sex with them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• oops *hiring*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• First off, I am not against gay rights. I will start with that.

Second, for you to want other's to acknowledge your right to support gay rights, you also have to acknowledge their right to disagree with you and to have their own opinion, right or wrong in your eyes.

You can't expect others to respect your right to your opinion if you do not return the favor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• tn, I am not even going the school route with you, if you take the time to read the hate bill, it specifically mentions preachers/priest, they would not be charged with anything unless physical violence is involved, it is already unlawful for any business to not hire for discrimination purposes.
    Some do parade around showing affection, but then again so do heterosexuals, don't they?

Answer by older at 11:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Mmm, I have to disagree with you Sarap. Most marriages will fall apart without sex. Sex is a very important part of a loving relationship. It might be different for people that have performance problems and they have worked through that together or with a therapist.

And while skill is not necessary to perform sexual acts, it certainly doesn't hurt to have some skill.

wink mini

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Older, I think you are being a.bit obstinate. Most of the people opposed to gay rights, are because of religious reasons. That have every right to feel the way that they do. Now, I am not opposed to gay marriage or anything else, but I'm sure as heck not going to sit around and tell people that their feelings are less valid than my own. JMHO.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2009