Is it okay

is it okay to let your 6 or 8 year old watch your 15 month old son while u have a shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think its fine they are old enough to know not to go outside or get cleaners and stuff liike that plus its only 20 min i think its perfectly fine
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• uhm yes. If the child is 6 make it quick if the child is 8 then you can pretty much take an extra few mins to say...shave your legs or let the conditioner stay on for a few extra mins.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• oh no...... i wouldnt trust that.. maybe a 10 yr old.. i guess depending on how ur children act.. but i wouldnt treat that. i would throw the play pen in bthrm or rite outside door and let baby play in it while in shower where u can see baby.. or just wait til they go down for a nap
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My DIL's sister allowed her children to watch her baby while she was in the shower. The baby aspirated and by the time the kids noticed the baby was blue. She is a nurse and did CPR while the kids called 911. The baby had to be airlifted to a children's hospital. The baby ended up with aspiration pneumonia and RSV. Weeks of hospitalization and a feeding tube later the baby got to come home.

The mother continued to be careless with the baby's care and the baby had to be hospitalized several times. She was a normal baby and will now never be normal. She is about half the size she should be and has sever developmental delays.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'd say yes as long as they were close by the bathroom so they could yell if they needed help. You've got to shower! and kids don't give you much time to do anything so as long as you know they're safe I'd say go for it.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My kids, I wouldn't. My boys are not responsible enough. But if you feel they are, and that you can trust them, I don't see why not. You're not leaving the house, and if something DID happen, they can easily come get you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Of course! You'd take a shower even if you didn't have a 6 year old around. I parked my 15 month old in front of the TV and showered before.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Ummm Gailll, was this a newborn? OP is not talking about a newborn. Go away with all your crap. Every single post of yours is always trying to go against everything. Have you nothing positive to say EVER?
    Anonymous

• Yep, it's good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2009