How do you deal with men who cannot accept any other race other then the white race

My husband is 50 and has spent most of his life in the woods, away from other races. I moved to this area a few years ago from Minneapolis.
I have been "around the block" I understand that people should not be judged by skin but by their personality. How they act.
So When me and my husband travel 30 miles to the next town he gets irritated when there's black people working at his favorite place, KFC.
There has been a flood of non-whites to this area because they want to get out of the crime ridden neighborhoods and to where it's safe. Same reason I moved to this area, but I'm white so it's okay...as far as the men are concerned
His attitude is very common among the asshole men in this area.
Drives me nuts!!!
Why are men such dicks?

BTW....I met and married my husband before I had a chance to see what the men around here are really like.....I'm just disgusted! at him and me for marrying this twit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Why did you ask this question? you're going to get all the angry blacks stirred up.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Speak up when you hear racist slurs or jokes. People often ignore jokes because they don't know wut to say. However, remaining silent implies that you agree with such racist beliefs. Be ready with responses when you witness racist language or actions. Take the opportunity to initiate discussion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think you may have jumped the gun marrying someone you really didn't know...You either deal with it and shrug it off or you get out of the marriage.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would of never married a man like that. I hate racists. I grew up in a town on Long Island, NY that is mixed. I still have friends of all races and faiths. I love hip hop music as well. I have a brother in law like your husband but he is married to my sister and he used to make racist jokes. These men think they are better because they are white when truly they are idiots who doesnt get to know a person first. I cant stand it. I have had boyfriends who were african american, latino and white like me. I married a white guy because I fell in love with him for him. He is like me. Judge by their personality not skin color. WE ARE ALL EQUAL.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Yes, well i am from the country so most ALL are white when I was in school there was one black kid. But at 12 i moved to the city with my mom and there is majority black. But all my friends were black at school.. i love black people and all races. although there ARE some black people that went to my shcool that thought they were better and bigger and badder bc they were black, not true hun lol sorry guys.... but were all equal.. But 8 years later MY husband is cape verdian and by his color yes he is BROWN i dont like calling by blacks. but hes brown and i love him dearly. most of my friends are also and i love them dearly. its not color its the attitude that gets me.. but the age of ur husband it sounds like a country boy to me and he prob grew up with that so its hard for him to change his insight... BTW shmya were not worried about that.. :)
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• people who do that were raised to do that and there is no changing them. i personally think it stems from needing to be better than someone else to make yourself feel better about yourself.... very sad........ so are you going to accept it and stay with him, try to change him or what? i had a male friend who dh and i would double date with him and his gf... anyways the friend would use the n word when talking about black people and acted like every black woman was a crack whore just because there was a black crack whore in the neighborhood.... i eventually got pissed enough that i told him --- YOU CANT SAY THAT! YOU CANT SAY IT! THERE IS NO ARGUING I CANT STAND TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT... I CANT STOP YOU FROM THINKING WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT DONT USE THOSE WORDS AROUND ME... he respected my wishes and never said anything about n-ers or crack whores to me again.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You are not going to be able to change their minds. As we all know, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. All you can do is to try and get it through your DH's thick skull that if he can't respect you enough to keep his trap shut when around you, then he doesn't have to be around you. But really, they won't change. Not at this point. He's 50! That's just, well, stupid. To be so outwardly ugly about a race like that. How did you meet him, anyway?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I agree, sounds like you married him too soon. Personally, I never befriend people like this and would never ever ever consider marrying someone who had such different views than my own. You're pretty much stuck with him now.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunate for you, you married him, therefore you either deal with it or move on. He's the way he is because of how he was brought up and that goes for any and all racist. You can't change him but you can have a different view point from his.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I went to school where there was two black kids and 1 asian and I am not racist at all. Honestly if I were you I would leave him....but that's up to you. Do you want to deal with that kind of stuff or do you want to move on?
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009