What do you think is the best type of diet to have when you are pregnant?

What do you think is right and wrong to eat when your eating for two? Is fish bad? Eggs? Soda? Sugars? Do you stay on a strict diet or do you eat whatever you want? What about those nastey cravings? What if your craving something thats against your diet plan? Do you cheat? Or do you eat the same as you did before your lil bun in the oven and just stear clear of really harmfil things like alcohol and smoking? I want to know how other women are eating while they're eating for there baby too. Tell me what YOUR pregnant diet was like.

youngmum87

Asked by youngmum87 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i always eat what ever i wanted nothing to hurt the baby but i eat
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i am just trying my best to get enough fruits and veggies, and protein. i don't have to try to get whole grains and dairy. ;) i also quit diet cokes because i believe the aspartame is bad in general, and i plan to never drink that again! if i want a soda i will drink coke. here is a link i found that i think is helpful. oh i don't eat fish so i want to get some walnuts. that's what i did during my first pregnancy

http://www.bradleybirth.com/PD.aspx

i have junk food problems but i am trying to eat healthy snacks like whole grain pita baked crispy in the oven with some hummus, grapes, bananas, etc.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• oh and i was just reading yesterday that eggs are good but to not eat more than about 5-7 per week because of the cholesterol in the yolk

about coke, i saw a video that drinking 5 cokes a day can double risk of miscarriage, or 2 cups of coffee but i usually drink 1-2 per day not pregnant and now i'm going to TRY to just drink 1-2 per week. try... ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• The Brewer's Diet is great. I always make sure I am eating protein and I lower my caffeine intake. I still drink coffee just not as much. My main cravings when pregnant are for fruits and veggies and protein. I noticed that I really liked peanut butter. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009