Why didn't you take childbirth classes?

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 11:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't because my hubby and I are both VERY shy.
    Anonymous

• I never had the time with the firstborn. I started into labor around the time I was interested in starting up. 22 weeks.
    This second one... I don't know. I'll have to see if I do have that classical c-section where it'll prevent me from having a natural birth to decide if I want a childbirth class or not.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I just didn't want to! No real reason. I did just fine without them too!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Your labor is not going to be the beautiful experience they say it's going to be. Those classes don't help at all when the time comes for the real thing.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• because i dont need people to tell me how to push a baby out of my vagina.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i took a child birth class with my first one cause i didnt know what to except and i was wondering what i had in store for me
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I live in a small country town and they don't offer things like that anywhere close to where I live.
    Anonymous

• The cost was one factor. I learned as much as I could & trusted my body, which led to a quick natural delivery.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My husband and I went to the first one and I learned more in high school! The breastfeeding class was crowded and didn't learn anything really and the natural pain relief class was okay but they just showed us a video! The teacher actually stood outside and talked the whole time!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 12:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I didn't take one with either of my boys - with my first one, we moved across state when I was 7 months pregnant and I was planning on taking a class after we got settled into the new place. Problem was, I ended up developing preeclampsia and having him 2 weeks after we moved...didn't really get to take a class by then! lol With my second, I didn't take a class because I had already been through the whole labor thing already and I thought I'd feel silly sitting in a class with a lot of first timers.... plus with the complications with baby #1, I figured I was pretty much prepared for whatever would happen. Now I'm prego again with #3 - still not planning on taking any classes, though I will admit that the possibility of a C-section (which I've fortunately been able to avoid thus far) frightens the bejesus out of me, so I will probably be having a long talk with my Dr about all that when I get closer to my due date! :-)
    key2ynot

Answer by key2ynot at 12:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009