How do I get from certain kids that my 6 yr. old daughter plays with not to come over anymore?

There is something about a couple of kids in the neighborhood I don't like. I don't really trust them. I have never met their mom. It is like their moms don't care what they do. They play rough. I don't want her to play with these kids anymore. I don't want to come across being rude but my daughter has some friends that I invite over and one of the kids in the neighborhood told my daughter that she was going to kick that my daughter's friends butt. Probably because my daughter had another friend over. What am I going to do when that situation occurs again. When my daughter has another friend over and is outside playing and the other girl doesn't understand why she can't come over and play?

I'm confused. I didn't sleep well last night because I thought about this all night. Please give me some advise.

MWood123

Asked by MWood123 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Personally, I tell my daughter she can't play with Mary and Joe and she has to abide by that. I tell the kids they aren't allowed to play at our home anymore and why. If they have issues with following that rule you go to their home and tell their parents too. Its all up to you and you have to set the rule and be strong about it. It sounds like a good decision too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• its hard for kids to understand why they cant play with another child .i had a situation like this with my 7 yr old .this one lil boy every time they played he would do something to my lil girl to hurt her and i got really mad and told them they were not allowed around each other but then they both started to cry and wanted to play so i just make sure when they do play they are not left alone anymore no matter what .so you could think about that .let them play but maybe outside int he yard if you dont want them in the house and make sure they are supervised .good luck with this
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I had a problem like this in our neighborhood. I just put my foot down and told them my rules of behavior when they are playing with my children. I just tell them if they are misbehaving to knock it off. If it gets out of hand, I send them home.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Tell the children your rules and that if they can't follow those rules, they don't get to play at your house. Plain and simple. If those certain kids don't like it, too bad. Make it a point to meet the kids parents, tell them your rules and let them decide if their kids can play at your house.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I agree with having rules that all the kids must play by otherwise, they must go away.
    staciejung

Answer by staciejung at 2:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would tell the other child that your daughter can't play today because she has company. That's it! You don't need to make any other explanations. Eventually the other kid will stop trying to come over.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2009